Thursday, October 30, 2008

Final spinning class


And here is my creation! It's 36 yards of 50/50 merino and tencel. It is super luminous and super soft. I decided to go with this over the bamboo since I am still a bit scared of the slipperiness of it. The merino/tencel seemed to be a good meeting point between a plant based fiber and a wool. But I really like how this came out, I can obviously tell I have gotten better but still have a long way to go. I was really excited too because we were shown how to Navajo ply. It always looked so complicated when I saw it online but really it so easy! I can't wait to try it the next time I spin!

I highly suggest anyone in the metro area interested in spinning or plant dying to take a class with Virginia Parent. She is a staple in the MN Weaver's Guild and offers classes both through them and The Fiber Studio. Not only is she a extremely patient teacher, she knows her stuff so backward and forward - she is a walking dictionary of fiber.

No comments: