Thursday, December 11, 2008

Etsy love - Winter

With a nice, four-inch layer of snow on the ground and daily temperatures in the single digits - Minnesota winter has officially arrived. And since it is a terrible idea to go outside without a proper hat/scarf/mitten set, I picked my favorites from etsy:

You have to be a little kooky and a whole lot of crazy to choose to live in this climate. That is why I adore this hat from NormaW's shop - perfect mix of winsome, warmth, and wacky.

A warm scarf that also is soft and beautiful is worth's it's weight in saffron. I am in love with this scarf from alonalona, I think it would make me feel like the queen of the fair with gently braided cotton candy around my neck.

While these fingerless mitts would only be a layer over woolen gloves, layers are what winter is all about. They are super long (bonus), beautifully knit (double bonus) and would look lovely wearing them indoors for added coziness (triple bonus score!). They can be found at elizabeth76's charming shop

And finally, I feel like a snuggly pair of legwarmers should be handed out to every man, woman and child who reside in cold climates. They are the perfect thing to make you feel cozy when the wind and snow blow. This pair from off the hook's shop fit all the requirements.

No comments: