Friday, June 20, 2008

arrrggg yaaarrrnnnn

I bought a big, beautiful pound of wool from maryjanesattic.etsy.com last week after going a bit nuts spinning last month. I am getting better, I can just feel it when I am spinning. But still have a long way to go.

Anyhoo, I got bit by the kool aid bug again and decided to dye it after spinning up 60 yards.

Here it is soaking before taking it's bath with the dye:


Whoops, should have worn gloves!


All cozy in its bath, probably a little too cozy:


The aftermath:



In hindsight, I should have let it roam around a little more freely in the dye bath, but I just get too darn worried about it felting if I touch it too much. I do still like it, just not what I had envisioned when starting out. I will have to wait to see how it looks crocheted up before making my final judgment.

No comments: